Netaji Subhash Sports Complex has been set up by the Delhi Development Authority for the development and growth of sports in Delhi. The name of the body will be Delhi Development Authority Netaji Subhash Sports Complex. It has facilities for Tennis, Basketball, Badminton, Table Tennis, Billiards, Snooker, Cricket, Football, Aerobics, Yoga, Taekwondo, Karate, Fitness Centre (multigym), Swimming, Jogging, Skating, Squash, Outdoor Fitness, Children’s’ Park, etc.
The land over which the Netaji Subhash Sports Complex (NSSC) has been built is the property of DDA. The sports complex, including all facilities built thereon, is wholly owned and controlled by the DDA. There are no statutory provisions, rules, regulations, bye-laws, etc., entitling participation in the management and affairs of the NSSC by any person, institution, agency, etc., other than DDA and no person with membership of NSSC shall have any kind of rights on the property, management and affairs of the NSSC. The control and management of the sports complex will always be with the DDA as set out herein.
The objectives of the DDA Netaji Subhash Sports Complex (hereinafter called the Sports Complex) are: -
- To provide recreational and healthy environment to the citizens of Delhi keeping in view the requirement of Master Plan.
- To induce sports activities and spirit of mutual help and goodwill among citizens of Delhi in general and members of the sports complex in particular.
- To promote various sports, e.g., Tennis, Squash, Table Tennis, Billiards, Badminton, Taekwondo, Aerobics, Swimming, etc.
- To work under the overall control, supervision and directions of the Sports Management Board of DDA under the Chairmanship of Hon’ble Lt. Governor of Delhi/Chairman, DDA for development of sports facilities and promotion of sports in Delhi.
- To purchase, hire, provide and maintain all kinds of apparatus, material, furniture, implements and other requirements required for running the sports complex.
- To hire, engage and employ coaches, markers, instructors, grounds men and other staff required for day to day running of the complex.
- To do all other lawful things as are incidental or conducive for the attainment of the above objectives.
- The Sports Management Board of DDA shall have the power to make, alter and repeal all such rules/ bye-laws as deemed necessary for the proper conduct and management of the sports complex.
Various categories of membership are given below and are defined in succeeding paragraphs. Membership in respect of all the categories will be approved by or on behalf of the Management Board. Membership, however, only provides playing rights in the Sports Complex.
- Individual Membership: Indian (government/non-government)/ Foreign Citizens.
- Dependant Membership
- Associate Membership
- Senior Citizens Membership
- Corporate Membership: Indian/ Foreign Companies
- Non-Resident Indian (NRI) Membership
- Temporary Membership
- Special Temporary Membership
- Honorary Membership
- Special Honorary Membership
- Guest Membership
- Daily Casual Membership (Pay & Play)
- Student Membership for school students (upto class 12) Daily/Monthly
- Tenure Membership- 5/3 /1 year
- Annual Membership (on availing Temporary 3 Months’ Membership 10 times)