The Master Plan of Delhi-2001 had laid emphasis on the development of sports facilities for all age groups within easy reach of all the sections of society. Hence DDA Sports has developed various sports complexes, mutigyms, play-fields, etc., all over Delhi.
The objectives of DDA Sports Complexes are :-
- To provide recreational and healthy environment to the citizens of Delhi.
- To take sports to those sections of the society which cannot afford membership of prestigious clubs and those who would like to associate with ‘clubs’ totally devoted to sports.
- To promote various sports not easily accessible to the general public.
- To ensure mass participation in sports activities and thereby the spirit of mutual help and goodwill among citizens of Delhi in general and the members of the complexes in particular.
DDA Sports has a number of Sports Complexes, Multigyms, Swimming Pools and Golf Courses. These Sports Complexes are managed by Secretaries who are ex-service officers and retired government servants.
The sports complexes are membership oriented, excluding the new facilities built during the Commonwealth Games i.e., DDA Sports Squash & Badminton Stadium and Common Wealth Games Village Sports Complex, which are purely on pay and play basis. Various types of membership are available to the public. Public may also avail facilities on “pay and play” basis. The maintenance of the complexes is essentially from member’s monthly subscription / pay and play fees and allied charges received from licensing out of snack bars, pro shops, etc. Rules and Regulations for the Sports Complexes have been formulated and membership is approved by a Screening Committee nominated for each complex.
Presently 15 sports complexes and three mini sports complexes have been constructed. (Annexure – ‘A’)
Multigyms are located in complexes and in green areas. There are 19 multigyms in sports complexes including mini sports complexes and Qutab Golf Course and 21 in green areas. (Annexure-‘B’)
17 swimming pools have been constructed.(Annexure-‘C’)
- Days 06 days a week (Tuesday to Sunday)
- Swimming seasons
Heated pools (All weather) : 01st February to 30th November
Normal Pools : 01st April to 30th September
- Qutab Golf Course – The Qutab Golf Course at Lado Sarai is the first public Golf Course (18 hole) developed in the country.
- Bhalswa Golf Course – A 9 hole course which requires further development.
Three new sports complexes are proposed to be developed in Dwarka and one at Narela. A football stadium and Golf Course are also proposed at Dwarka. Phase-II of the Common Wealth Games Village Sports Complex is also to be undertaken.
Following sports activities are organized :-
- Sports Tournaments. Tournaments in individual and team games are organized for the members of the complexes, local schools, colleges and residents from time to time.
- DDA Sports Sports Gala This is an annual feature in which a number of individual sports tournaments are held at each complex. Invitational tournaments at school level in team sports are also organized during the gala in different games such as football, basketball, cricket, hockey, volleyball, etc.
- DDA Sports Open Squash Tournament A National level tournament is held every year in which almost all the top seeded players of the country participate. This is a DDA Sports sponsored prize money tournament and is conducted at DDA Sports Squash and Badminton Stadium. Eighteen such tournaments have so far been organized since 1994.
- DDA Sports Junior Tennis Tournament A yearly event, being conducted since 1995, has gained tremendous popularity and converted to AITA Ranking event since 2000. The tournament was further upgraded to AITA Ranking Super Series in 2003. The tournament is sponsored by DDA Sports and is conducted at Saket Sports Complex.
- Vice Chairman’s Cup Football Tournaments A football tournament for school teams is held at Siri Fort Sports Complex in November/December every year for the Vice Chairman’s Cup.
- Roller Skating Championship Organized every year for schools at Major Dhyan Chand Sports Complexes, Ashok Vihar. A Large number of skaters take part in the tournament.
- Golf Tournaments Besides the Lt. Governor’s Cup tournament, a number of other golf tournaments are organized on a regular basis at the Qutab Golf Course. The Admiral’s Cup of the Indian Navy and the CAG’s Cup are also held annually at this course.
- Coaching Coaching facilities are available at all the complexes in various disciplines like Aerobics, Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Billiards, Cricket, Dance, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Hockey, Karate, Lawn Bowls, Pool, Shooting, Skating, Snooker, Squash, Swimming, Volleyball, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Tennis, Weight Training (Fitness Centre), Yoga, etc. In addition to coaching in various sports being provided on a regular basis throughout the year, special coaching camps are organized during summer and winter holidays for school children. Coaching is conducted under the supervision and guidance of experienced and reputed coaches. 10% of trainees from economically weaker sections are provided free coaching. Coaching schemes are on revenue sharing basis.
DDA Sports SPORTS COMPLEXES
|S.No.||Name of the Sports Complex||Zone|
|1.||Chilla Sports Complex||E|
|2.||Commonwealth Games Village Sports Complex||E|
|3.||Poorv Delhi Khel Parisar||E|
|4.||Yamuna Sports Complex||E|
|5.||Rashtriya Swabhimaan Khel Parisar,PitamPura||N|
|6.||Rohini Sports Complex||N|
|7.||Major Dhyan Chand Sports Complex||N|
|8.||Saket Sports Complex||S|
|9.||Siri Fort Sports Complex||S|
|10.||Squash & Badminton Stadium, Siri fort||S|
|11.||Vasant Kunj Sports Complex||S|
|12.||Netaji Sports Complex, Jasola||S|
|13.||Dwarka Sports Complex||W|
|14.||Hari Nagar Sports Complex||W|
|15.||Paschim Vihar Sports Complex||W|
DDA Sports GOLF COURSES
|S.No.||Name of the Golf Course||Zone|
|1.||Bhalswa Golf Course||N|
|2.||Qutab Golf Course||S|
DDA Sports MINI SPORTS COMPLEXES
|S.No.||Name of Mini Sports Complex||Zone|
|1.||Pratap Nagar under Hari Nagar Sports Complex||W|
|2.||Kanti Nagar under Poorv Delhi Khel Parisar||E|
|3.||Baba Gang Nath Sports Complex under Vasant Kunj Sports Complex||S|
DETAILS OF MULTI GYMS
|S. No.||Mini Sports Complex||Sports Complex|
|1.||Pratap Nagar||Hari Nagar Sports Complex|
|2.||Kanti Nagar (Separate for ladies and gents)||Poorv Delhi Khel Parisar, Dilshad Garden|
|3.||Baba Gang Nath Sports Complex (BGNSC)||Vasant Kunj Sports Complex|
|S. No.||Multi Gym in Green Areas||Sports Complex|
|1.||Distt. Park, DDA Sports Sarita Vihar||Netaji Subhash Sports Complex|
|2.||Janakpuri C-2/B||Dwarka Sports Complex|
|5.||Subhash Nagar G-8 Area||Hari Nagar Sports Complex|
|7.||Salvage Park, Mayapuri|
|8.||Sunder Vihar||Paschim Vihar Sports Complex|
|11.||Sector-3, Rohini||Rohini Sports Complex|
|14.||Gulabi Bagh||Major Dhyan Chand Sports Complex, Ashok Vihar|
|19.||Subhash Mohlla||Poorv Delhi Khel Parisar, Dilshad Garden|
|21.||MandawaliFezalpur-I||Chilla Sports Complex|
DDA Sports SWIMMING POOLS
|S. No.||Name of Swimming Pools|
|1.||Chilla Sports Complex|
|2.||Commonwealth Games Village Sports Complex|
|3.||Yamuna Sports Complex|
|4.||Netaji Sports Complex, Jasola|
|5.||Poorv Delhi Khel Parisar|
|6.||Kanti Nagar under Poorv Delhi Khel Parisar|
|7.||Rashtriya Swabhimaan Khel Parisar, Pitampura|
|8.||Rohini Sports Complex|
|9.||Major Dhyan Chand Sports Complex|
|10.||Hari Nagar Sports Complex|
|11.||Pratap Nagar under Hari Nagar Sports Complex|
|12.||Saket Sports Complex|
|13.||Siri Fort Sports Complex – All weather|
|14.||Vasant Kunj Sports Complex|
|15.||Baba Gang Nath Marg, Munirka under Vasant Kunj Sports Complex|
|16.||Dwarka Sports Complex|
|17.||Paschim Vihar Sports Complex|